Calories in Chicken - Ground
About 170 grams.
About 170 grams.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 318||Calories from Fat 167|
|% Daily Value*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Bad Fat Source
There is 318 calories in 170 grams of Chicken - Ground. With 182 calories per 100 grams, this food would be considered a Medium calorie density food.
Chicken - Ground is Very Low in carbohydrates, High in proteins and High in fats. You can look at the macronutrients graph below for a detailed ratio.
With 0 grams of "Net carbohydrates" per 100 grams, it is a good choice you are following a Keto or Ketosis diet.
Related Searches ground chicken
When it comes to versatility ground chicken can be used in everything you can think of, from chicken burgers to spicy chorizo, even breakfast eggs!
Benefits of ground chicken
- Has less fat
- Is a good source of protein
- Has essential nutrients and vitamins
For weight loss
Ground chicken is a healthy and tasty alternative to the more common ground beef or pork. It has less fat, calories per serving size, so it's a good option for people trying to lose weight.
Downsides of ground chicken
Ground chicken from supermarkets is likely to be infected with salmonella so better to prepare your ground chicken at home.
Sloppy Joe Recipe with ground chicken
- olive oil - half Tbsp
- 1 big sliced onion
- 1 diced green bell pepper
- tomato sauce- 11/2 cups
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- chilli powder-½ Tbsp
- ten to twelve shakes Tabasco or another type of spicy sauce
- salt and black pepper according to taste
- 4 split and toasted whole-wheat or sesame rolls
- In a large skillet over , heat the oil in medium heat
- Cook for approximately 2 minutes,
- Add the ground chicken to the skillet and cook until the meat turns a light brown
- Season with salt and pepper after adding the tomato sauce, tomato paste, sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, chilli powder, and hot sauce.
- Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes, or until the liquid has decreased and the sauce has completely coated the meat.
- Distribute the mixture evenly among the rolls.
Food with similar macronutrients
Sardines - Canned - in Water
Tri Tip - Steak
Pot Roast Beef Chuck
Chicken - Baked - Drumstick
Carnitas - Pulled Pork - Avg
Pork Chop - Boneless - Fat Trimmed
Chicken - Baked - Thigh - Skinless
Veal - Ground