Calories in Chicken Pot Pie
About 108 grams.
About 108 grams.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 229||Calories from Fat 122|
|% Daily Value*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Bad Fat Source
There is 229 calories in 108 grams of Chicken Pot Pie. With 212 calories per 100 grams, this food would be considered a Medium calorie density food.
Chicken Pot Pie is Medium in carbohydrates, Medium in proteins and High in fats. You can look at the macronutrients graph below for a detailed ratio.
With 19 grams of "Net carbohydrates" per 100 grams, it not safe to consume if you are following a Keto or Ketosis diet.
Related Searches chicken pot pie
Chicken pot pie may be popular but it definitely doesn't fit in the list of healthy foods. The crust of the chicken pot pie is what makes this dish unhealthy. The chicken and vegetables inside it provide you with protein and vitamins.
Pros and cons of chicken pot pie
Chicken pot pie is conventional comfort food. With rich gravy, crisp vegetables, and heaps of chicken within a flaky crust, it's the perfect dish to warm you up in the cold winter months. A nutritious food may be made at home with the correct ingredients, but frozen ones on the supermarket shelf should be avoided.
- The chicken and vegetables provide protein and important vitamins and minerals
- Chicken pot pie is great especially in winter when you need to build your immunity
- They are high in fat and have a considerable amount of calories in them
- They are high in carbs and fats
- They are high in sodium if you are buying from the store
For weight loss
It is better to keep away from this dish if you are seriously trying to lose weight. The calories, fat, sodium, and carbs all make it a non-healthy food.
Easy chicken pot pie recipe
- Sautee your favorite vegetables along with mushrooms and garlic in 6 Tbsp of butter until soft.
- To this add cream and chicken broth and simmer until thickened.
- Add shredded chicken, peas, and parsley and stir
- Remove from heat.
- Roll out the pie crust either homemade or bought from the store to 12″ and transfer to a pie pan.
- Add Filling into the crust and cover with the second crust.
- Crimp edges, cut slits, brush with egg wash
- Bake at 425˚F for 30-35 minutes or until the crust is golden brown
Food with similar macronutrients
French Onion Soup Bites
Chicken Pot Pie Deli
Turkey Pot Pie
Jack in the Box - Regular Taco
Cheese & Green Chile Tamales
Steam Pork Dumpling
Evol Tuffle Parmesan Mac & Cheese
Taco Bell - Chalupa Supreme - Beef
BK Impossible Whopper
Pupusas Green Chile